Sunday, May 18, 2008

New Picture Toys!

This isn't exactly vacation related ~ OK, it's not vacation related at all ~ but VacationGirl got a new toy last week. Photoshop CS3. Today, while scanning the never ending pile of negatives, she decided to play around with it. And what better subject to try it out on than almost high school graduate (HSG) at prom.

First, some background - "almost HSG" decided to go to the prom but wanted to go dateless. No tux, but he wanted a vest and a shirt. (The price of which was almost as much as renting a tux). Since he is the finest looking young man on earth (yes, I'm slightly biased), I thought these would be fun to work some of the new Pioneer Woman 'actions' on these pictures. Here's the before/after:


I used an 'action' called 'Fresh and Colorful" and then 'Quick Edge Burn'. I really like the effect. So now, all I have to do is learn how to create my own Actions and I'm good to go. I have SO much to learn about Photoshop CS3 but I think by the time vacation rolls around (in 98 days but who's counting!), I should be fairly good at some of the techniques.
Bring on those snow-covered mountians!

No comments: