Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Visions of Sugarplums???

Ok - so maybe not visions of sugarplums but I was having visions of lobsters and ultimately lobster rolls, and of course the beautiful views.








But then I started having visions of beautiful mountains and geisers and all that jazz.






Now do you see why the decision is so hard? I think we're leaning towards the mountains and I know we'll love every minute of it but I will miss not being by the ocean and having lobster, lobster, and more lobster.
I have threatened Dear Husband - there HAS to be snow on my mountains or, or, or I'll think of something but there better be snow on my mountains. Of course, that could get a little sketchy since we're going the last week of August. It will probably be the ONE week out of the whole year that the snow melts completely. Then, the week after we leave, it snows again and the mountains are snow-capped and beautiful.
Dear Husband and almost-graduated Senior don't know it yet, but if there is no snow on the mountains then we'll have a small detour up to Glacier National Park. Haven't figured out how far that it is - heard maybe another day's drive - but it will happen so we can have snow-covered mountains. (Please, please let there be snow on the Tetons so we don't have to drive!)
We won't have the luxury of driving in different, beautiful Saturns either, like some other recent U.S. travelers. Nope, we'll be driving in a gas-guzzeling Tahoe. VacationGirl loves her Tahoe but the gas prices will kill us. Guess that's even more reason to forgo the lobster treats every day~ gas in our Northern Neighborhood is even worse than in the good, 'ole U.S.
Let the planning begin!









No comments: