Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Day After the Day After

We managed to avoid stores the day after Christmas but not so today. We were on a quest to find a large bag that covers a Christmas tree so that it can be stored intact - without the hassle of taking it apart and putting it back next year. But alas, we were unsuccessful in our quest. However, Ramsey did find some new stickers for her scrapbooks and VacationGirl found some new crochet string that was calling out to her. It said "buy me, buy me, buy me" so what's a girl to do? I also found a new book of crocheted doilies - the best ones I've ever seen so I know what I'll be doing on the way home Saturday ~ making the 'purtiest' mint green doily you've ever seen!

The men of the family went hunting today. Quail hunting. Now, help me understand - they bought the quail (12 of them) and went out to some huge field and released them - only to hunt them down again. They found and shot 4 of them and are out cleaning them now. The quail are winning 8 to 4, ha ha. I would have just kept the 12 and called it a day. I suppose it's one of those things I'll never understand - kinda like they'll never understand scrapbooking. Guess we'll be having some quail tomorrow. Whoo hoo.

Game plan for tomorrow is to go out to the meadow where the rest of the horses are kept and see them and the land as I'm the only one that hasn't seen it yet. And after that, we're heading to a movie to see Will Smith in "I Am Legend" - looks good.

Did manage to get a few pictures of the horses here today - was too lazy to walk to the big pasture so I only got the ones up near the house. Haven't played with Photoshop yet on them - need to figure it out first. But here's some of the untouched ones...


No comments: