Monday, December 31, 2007

Farewell 2007

The end is near - another year coming to a close. One of the blogs I read regularly gave a blow by blow list of all the bad things that happened to those close to her and I have to say - it was rather depressing to read it. Therefore, all I will say is "Farewell". 2007 wasn't a bad year - it wasn't a good year - it was just a year.

My one and only resolution is probably one of the more common ones around - lose weight. I absolutely have to do it. And I will do it.

On the way home from North Carolina, we ran into a little fog as we drove through the mountains. It wasn't bad driving but off the sides of the highway, you could see beautiful, fluffly clouds of fog blanketing the mountainsides. I would have loved to stop so I could get some good shots but for some reason, the highway patrol seems to frown on that behavior. So I had to be content to take them from the car. But even with that, I got a few good ones. I played with Photoshop on one of them - here's the before/after:
And here's another really liked. Hope you do too!

I still have SO much to learn about Photoshop - but the book that Ramsey got me is really helping. I've already learned a bunch of cool things - need to keep on going though. Oh - that's my other resolution - to take a photography class this year so that I can finally learn how to really use my camera.
I think 2 resolutions is a good number ~ don't you?
Have a safe, wonderful New Year's Eve. I'll be falling asleep on the couch since now-18 year old is probably going out and Dear Husband is at work until about 1:00. Oh well - saves money that way.
Have a happy one! Until next time...

No comments: